Veg*n Rejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veg*n Rejects

Another testament of veg*n life.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please bookmark www.vegrejects.net, which is the new home for this community. You will need to register an account. Molly and Adam will continue to run the site as administrators. See you over there!

GRUMPY PANTS are good for you! hellz yeah.

Go down 
+2
...cokaru...
kitkatkootie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kitkatkootie
drunken whore
kitkatkootie

GRUMPY PANTS are good for you!  hellz yeah. Empty
PostSubject: GRUMPY PANTS are good for you! hellz yeah.   GRUMPY PANTS are good for you!  hellz yeah. EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 9:34 pm

Feeling grumpy 'is good for you'
In a bad mood? Don't worry - according to research, it's good for you.

An Australian psychology expert who has been studying emotions has found being grumpy makes us think more clearly.

In contrast to those annoying happy types, miserable people are better at decision-making and less gullible, his experiments showed.

While cheerfulness fosters creativity, gloominess breeds attentiveness and careful thinking, Professor Joe Forgas told Australian Science Magazine.

'Eeyore days'

The University of New South Wales researcher says a grumpy person can cope with more demanding situations than a happy one because of the way the brain "promotes information processing strategies".

“ Negative moods trigger more attentive, careful thinking, paying greater attention to the external world ”
Professor Joe Forgas
He asked volunteers to watch different films and dwell on positive or negative events in their life, designed to put them in either a good or bad mood.

Next he asked them to take part in a series of tasks, including judging the truth of urban myths and providing eyewitness accounts of events.

Those in a bad mood outperformed those who were jolly - they made fewer mistakes and were better communicators.

Professor Forgas said: "Whereas positive mood seems to promote creativity, flexibility, co-operation and reliance on mental shortcuts, negative moods trigger more attentive, careful thinking, paying greater attention to the external world."

The study also found that sad people were better at stating their case through written arguments, which Forgas said showed that a "mildly negative mood may actually promote a more concrete, accommodative and ultimately more successful communication style".

His earlier work shows the weather has a similar impact on us - wet, dreary days sharpened memory, while bright sunny spells make people forgetful.
Back to top Go down
...cokaru...
pancakes, bitches
...cokaru...

PostSubject: Re: GRUMPY PANTS are good for you! hellz yeah.   GRUMPY PANTS are good for you!  hellz yeah. EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 11:08 pm

God I love research. Being in a bad mood helps you think clearly, chocolate is antioxidant rich, coffee and Indian food prevent dementia. My life is going to be just fine. Wink
Back to top Go down
adam antichrist
Admin
adam antichrist

PostSubject: Re: GRUMPY PANTS are good for you! hellz yeah.   GRUMPY PANTS are good for you!  hellz yeah. EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 1:29 am

that's bullshit, i'm heaps more creative when I'm grumpy. My journal has whole chapters of FUCK YOU in it
Back to top Go down
http://veghealthnews.blogspot.com
phact0rri
ate a dick
phact0rri

PostSubject: Re: GRUMPY PANTS are good for you! hellz yeah.   GRUMPY PANTS are good for you!  hellz yeah. EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 9:02 pm

I'm more productive when I'm in a shit mood mainly cause I actually want to stay home.
Back to top Go down
chunky chicken
echoing vagina
chunky chicken

PostSubject: Re: GRUMPY PANTS are good for you! hellz yeah.   GRUMPY PANTS are good for you!  hellz yeah. EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:22 am

not me. i crawl in a hole and want to die.
Back to top Go down
phact0rri
ate a dick
phact0rri

PostSubject: Re: GRUMPY PANTS are good for you! hellz yeah.   GRUMPY PANTS are good for you!  hellz yeah. EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:27 am

chunky chicken wrote:
not me. i crawl in a hole and want to die.

depends on how bad my lows are. but when I'm so bad off I'm vomiting and not sleeping... its all I can do to play my guitar or draw to get the feelings out and manage some sort of control. but there are times where I've just curled up and let the world run without me... but its rare.
Back to top Go down
chunky chicken
echoing vagina
chunky chicken

PostSubject: Re: GRUMPY PANTS are good for you! hellz yeah.   GRUMPY PANTS are good for you!  hellz yeah. EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:33 am

i'm thinking that tomorrow is gunna be a stay in bed all day day. i would have done it today, but my kids needed me. i'm having signs of a melt down coming on. it has been happening for the better part of today and i have been pushing them away. but i know that once i go to bed i may lose it.
Back to top Go down
dontsurrender
ate a dick
dontsurrender

PostSubject: Re: GRUMPY PANTS are good for you! hellz yeah.   GRUMPY PANTS are good for you!  hellz yeah. EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:44 pm

Life is full of shitty paradoxes too often. Feeling grumpy sucks yet it is good for you...so good health means feeling shitty??
Back to top Go down
...cokaru...
pancakes, bitches
...cokaru...

PostSubject: Re: GRUMPY PANTS are good for you! hellz yeah.   GRUMPY PANTS are good for you!  hellz yeah. EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 10:37 pm

I don't think the article was trying to imply that good health equals feeling shitty. Although when I do work out I usually feel like crap (sweaty, tired) rather than feeling great, so maybe there is something to that. Razz
Back to top Go down
adam antichrist
Admin
adam antichrist

PostSubject: Re: GRUMPY PANTS are good for you! hellz yeah.   GRUMPY PANTS are good for you!  hellz yeah. EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 12:20 am

chunky chicken wrote:
i'm thinking that tomorrow is gunna be a stay in bed all day day. i would have done it today, but my kids needed me. i'm having signs of a melt down coming on. it has been happening for the better part of today and i have been pushing them away. but i know that once i go to bed i may lose it.

feel better you bitch
Back to top Go down
http://veghealthnews.blogspot.com
chunky chicken
echoing vagina
chunky chicken

PostSubject: Re: GRUMPY PANTS are good for you! hellz yeah.   GRUMPY PANTS are good for you!  hellz yeah. EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 4:11 am

adam antichrist wrote:
chunky chicken wrote:

feel better you bitch
i stayed in bed most of the day. i had to take kids to school so that really screwed up my plans. if i didn't have to nurse and take care of a baby it would have been better as well.

tonight i was gunna go and hang with a friend, but i told him last night that i had changed my mind. instead i went to a two hour therapy session. much needed. i go back next week. feeling a bit better after my session.
Back to top Go down
kitkatkootie
drunken whore
kitkatkootie

PostSubject: Re: GRUMPY PANTS are good for you! hellz yeah.   GRUMPY PANTS are good for you!  hellz yeah. EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 3:04 pm

chunky chicken wrote:
adam antichrist wrote:
chunky chicken wrote:

feel better you bitch
i stayed in bed most of the day. i had to take kids to school so that really screwed up my plans. if i didn't have to nurse and take care of a baby it would have been better as well.

tonight i was gunna go and hang with a friend, but i told him last night that i had changed my mind. instead i went to a two hour therapy session. much needed. i go back next week. feeling a bit better after my session.

you blew off uno?

i'm glad you went to therapy. when utilized well it's a true blessing.

insert wub wub huggy love you emoticon here. i can't find one.
Back to top Go down
chunky chicken
echoing vagina
chunky chicken

PostSubject: Re: GRUMPY PANTS are good for you! hellz yeah.   GRUMPY PANTS are good for you!  hellz yeah. EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 3:10 pm

kitkatkootie wrote:
chunky chicken wrote:
adam antichrist wrote:
chunky chicken wrote:

feel better you bitch

you blew off uno?

i'm glad you went to therapy. when utilized well it's a true blessing.

insert wub wub huggy love you emoticon here. i can't find one.
i wasn't gunna come right out and say who i blew off, but yes i did.

it was awesome. i'm feeling grand this morning. much better than i have been in the past few weeks.
Back to top Go down
kitkatkootie
drunken whore
kitkatkootie

PostSubject: Re: GRUMPY PANTS are good for you! hellz yeah.   GRUMPY PANTS are good for you!  hellz yeah. EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 3:14 pm

it was awesome. i'm feeling grand this morning. much better than i have been in the past few weeks.[/quote]

i am soooo happy to hear that love.
Back to top Go down
chunky chicken
echoing vagina
chunky chicken

PostSubject: Re: GRUMPY PANTS are good for you! hellz yeah.   GRUMPY PANTS are good for you!  hellz yeah. EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 3:20 pm

I love you
Back to top Go down
dontsurrender
ate a dick
dontsurrender

PostSubject: Re: GRUMPY PANTS are good for you! hellz yeah.   GRUMPY PANTS are good for you!  hellz yeah. EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 8:07 pm

Ditching Uno would make anyone feel better.

Glad your spirit are up, chunker. flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRUMPY PANTS are good for you! hellz yeah.   GRUMPY PANTS are good for you!  hellz yeah. Empty

Back to top Go down

GRUMPY PANTS are good for you! hellz yeah.
Page 1 of 1