Veg*n Rejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veg*n Rejects

Another testament of veg*n life.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please bookmark www.vegrejects.net, which is the new home for this community. You will need to register an account. Molly and Adam will continue to run the site as administrators. See you over there!

the death of countercultural

Go down 
+10
kelbots
dontsurrender
...cokaru...
Elvis of Nazareth
kitkatkootie
trisreal
chunky chicken
Unovegan
MollyMormon
adam antichrist
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
adam antichrist
Admin
adam antichrist

the death of countercultural Empty
PostSubject: the death of countercultural   the death of countercultural EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 5:58 am

It seems CC is no more. I have not had any explanations, and have had two brief messages from Elgar and Claudia. Here is a list of facts as they appear:

1: site went down some time after 10pm monday 26th Aussie time. I was unable to access the admin pages as well as the main site, although the front page is still active.
2: elgar responded to my attempts to contact him about 24 hours later. He asked for my admin login details so he could access the database, which I of course provided.
3: days passed.
4: elgar again contacted me on october 29th saying he hadn't been able to have a look at the site, but would do so that day.
5: more days passed. Site is still down.

On both occasions elgar only contacted me after I emailed the link from the front page, which is addressed to "moonflower". Both times I got responses saying they would ask elgar to get onto it, signed by "claudia".

Last activity on the site I know of was a post in the "vegifide" thread, from someone named regal. Was unable to see what they posted as site went down soon after. Regal is an anagram of elgar.

The other site elgar owns, X-boards was about to go down last week. Elgar posted a thread titled "Let's stick a fork in the X boards" on october 24. He asked:
Quote :
Posted 24 October 2009 - 07:39 AM
This place is done.

Are we all in agreement?

Many of the few remaining members there said no, and elgar then upgraded the site with a new format and software on October 26.

Jango has vanished from X-realms as well. I can't find him under the two names I knew he used on the site. He may just have adopted a new name, or he may have deleted his account.

So... it is possible elgar no longer wanted to be paying for sites he doesn't use, and since those on the x-boards were keen to maintain he may have opted just to let CC go. Or it may be a coincidence. OR the CC DB may have been hacked. In any case, I doubt we'll hear anything about it soon.
Back to top Go down
http://veghealthnews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   the death of countercultural EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 6:32 am

It sucks but that site was down the tubes. Before CC it was Eggplant Empire. I wasn't on a lot then, but it seems there was a lot more members and activity then. I think it went downhill after it became cc and later when we all bombarded it. I'll miss it but it is kind of fun being here from the beginning.
Back to top Go down
MollyMormon
Admin
MollyMormon

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   the death of countercultural EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 2:35 pm

Jango is on facebook but hasn't posted in a while. It could be he is home or on vacation and we all know he can only go on at work. I do hope is comes over. I joined xrealms the other day as did some other peeps here. But it won't let me post anything. Would it be wrong to invite them over? I don't want to be rude. Please bare with me and Adam and if you have any expertise on this stuff feel free to speak up.
Back to top Go down
https://vegrejects.forumotion.net
Unovegan
the gay blade
Unovegan

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   the death of countercultural EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 3:19 pm

I posted a thread earlier and some of these items answer them. I've invited a few of the better fitting folks from VB over here. Maybe someone could ask Deb back? Maybe Elgar would want to come here as he would have less interests involved??

I agree with what the Kelly said. Seeing this from the beginning is sweet. I'd been much less active on CC, but now i'll put more effort with this site and you fuckos.
Back to top Go down
adam antichrist
Admin
adam antichrist

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   the death of countercultural EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 3:30 pm

i had a look at x-realms earlier and noticed elgar changed his status to "I am fixing CC but it is very poorly" on october 29th. So maybe it'll get back up again eventually.
Back to top Go down
Unovegan
the gay blade
Unovegan

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   the death of countercultural EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 3:44 pm

adam antichrist wrote:
i had a look at x-realms earlier and noticed elgar changed his status to "I am fixing CC but it is very poorly" on october 29th. So maybe it'll get back up again eventually.

It would just be nice to have some copies of some of the threads. Even more so would have been ones from VF. I wonder if we could get what's his fuck's name from VF to come here? micah!!
Back to top Go down
adam antichrist
Admin
adam antichrist

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   the death of countercultural EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 3:54 pm

maybe if you asked nicely he would come. Cue kevin costner dream sequence.

But that was what I thought, it'd be good to at least harvest some of the old threads from CC and get the pics from our galleries etc.
Back to top Go down
Unovegan
the gay blade
Unovegan

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   the death of countercultural EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 4:04 pm

If Elgar got it up and running temporarily, we could send emails to people baiting them here. That would help a bit.
Back to top Go down
adam antichrist
Admin
adam antichrist

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   the death of countercultural EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 4:07 pm

yeah. I'll probably see vegan bunny girl today at world vegan day, so I can give her the details but otherwise I can't get in touch with her.
Back to top Go down
chunky chicken
echoing vagina
chunky chicken

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   the death of countercultural EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 2:42 pm

i love that i'm here at the begining of this site as well. but i'm perffectly happy with not getting photos back. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
trisreal

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   the death of countercultural EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:09 pm

chunky chicken wrote:
i love that i'm here at the begining of this site as well. but i'm perffectly happy with not getting photos back. Very Happy

Does that mean the chunky sideboob is gone forever??
Back to top Go down
adam antichrist
Admin
adam antichrist

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   the death of countercultural EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 7:23 pm

trisreal wrote:
chunky chicken wrote:

oh no!
:distressed:
Back to top Go down
chunky chicken
echoing vagina
chunky chicken

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   the death of countercultural EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 7:34 pm

trisreal wrote:
chunky chicken wrote:

forever gone!!
Back to top Go down
MollyMormon
Admin
MollyMormon

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   the death of countercultural EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 10:13 pm

We need Chunky side boob.And we need Jango. Where the Canada is he?
Back to top Go down
kitkatkootie
drunken whore
kitkatkootie

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   the death of countercultural EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 10:17 pm

MollyMormon wrote:
We need Chunky side boob.And we need Jango. Where the Canada is he?

i sent him a note about this place, we shall see if he shows up.
Back to top Go down
MollyMormon
Admin
MollyMormon

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   the death of countercultural EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 10:17 pm

Me too on FB.
Back to top Go down
kitkatkootie
drunken whore
kitkatkootie

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   the death of countercultural EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 10:23 pm

MollyMormon wrote:
Me too on FB.

i have a secret identity of him somewhere that i can't tell anyone, but i sent him a secret note. god, i hate myself.
Back to top Go down
Elvis of Nazareth
ate a dick
Elvis of Nazareth

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   the death of countercultural EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 4:26 pm

You do?
Back to top Go down
kitkatkootie
drunken whore
kitkatkootie

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   the death of countercultural EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 4:53 pm

Elvis of Nazareth wrote:
You do?

yes, remember you pm'd me somewhere and said, keep it a secret.....remember? see i can keep a secret.
Back to top Go down
MollyMormon
Admin
MollyMormon

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   the death of countercultural EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:29 pm

I have one too but I respect your privacy so thats why I didn't use it to contact you to get on here. See, now everyone should tell me secrets.
Back to top Go down
kitkatkootie
drunken whore
kitkatkootie

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   the death of countercultural EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:30 pm

MollyMormon wrote:
I have one too but I respect your privacy so thats why I didn't use it to contact you to get on here. See, now everyone should tell me secrets.

goddammit mols. why you always gotta steal my thunder.
bitch.
Back to top Go down
MollyMormon
Admin
MollyMormon

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   the death of countercultural EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:33 pm

We all know that you swam across the river and stalked him.
Back to top Go down
kitkatkootie
drunken whore
kitkatkootie

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   the death of countercultural EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:34 pm

MollyMormon wrote:
We all know that you swam across the river and stalked him.

i don't have to cross a river to get to canada, i just have to go through detroit, which i'm not all that willing to do.
Back to top Go down
MollyMormon
Admin
MollyMormon

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   the death of countercultural EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:40 pm

See how you would know.
Back to top Go down
kitkatkootie
drunken whore
kitkatkootie

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   the death of countercultural EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:46 pm

MollyMormon wrote:
See how you would know.

yeah well, the stalkling must have worked from all of us cuz he's here!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   the death of countercultural Empty

Back to top Go down

the death of countercultural
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Veg*n Rejects :: It's brutal :: Up Yours-
Jump to: