Veg*n Rejects

Another testament of veg*n life.
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Please bookmark www.vegrejects.net, which is the new home for this community. You will need to register an account. Molly and Adam will continue to run the site as administrators. See you over there!

Share | 
 

 San Francisco voters to ban Cat De-clawing

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
phact0rri
ate a dick
avatar

Posts : 43
Join date : 2009-11-03
Location : Veg Angeles

PostSubject: San Francisco voters to ban Cat De-clawing   Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:52 am

Back to top Go down
adam antichrist
Admin
avatar

Posts : 323
Join date : 2009-10-29
Age : 45
Location : australia

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco voters to ban Cat De-clawing   Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:25 am

Quote :
Violators face a potential jail sentence of six months and fine of up to $1,000.

FUCK. YEAH!!!

_________________
"My mom's a slut"
-chunky chicken
Back to top Go down
http://veghealthnews.blogspot.com
kitkatkootie
drunken whore
avatar

Posts : 161
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 44
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco voters to ban Cat De-clawing   Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:00 pm

that is seriously kick ass. this should be a law everywhere.

fuckers.
Back to top Go down
MollyMormon
Admin
avatar

Posts : 274
Join date : 2009-10-29
Age : 41
Location : The valley of the shadow of death

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco voters to ban Cat De-clawing   Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:07 pm

Interesting.... I have known some declawed cats. I have always heard the argument that they wont be abandoned because they can't ruin the furniture. I do have a friend with a declawed cat that bites and scratches with it's back claws a lot. They call her psycho kitty.

_________________
Put out or get out.
Back to top Go down
http://vegrejects.forumotion.net
kitkatkootie
drunken whore
avatar

Posts : 161
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 44
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco voters to ban Cat De-clawing   Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:18 pm

MollyMormon wrote:
Interesting.... I have known some declawed cats. I have always heard the argument that they wont be abandoned because they can't ruin the furniture. I do have a friend with a declawed cat that bites and scratches with it's back claws a lot. They call her psycho kitty.

i've lost a couple friends through them getting their cats declawed. fuckers.
Back to top Go down
adam antichrist
Admin
avatar

Posts : 323
Join date : 2009-10-29
Age : 45
Location : australia

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco voters to ban Cat De-clawing   Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:21 pm

yup. i would find it hard not to judge the fuck out of anyone who did that.

_________________
"My mom's a slut"
-chunky chicken
Back to top Go down
http://veghealthnews.blogspot.com
chunky chicken
echoing vagina
avatar

Posts : 193
Join date : 2009-10-29
Age : 38
Location : the arctic

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco voters to ban Cat De-clawing   Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:23 pm

our last two cats were rescues and they were declawed.
Back to top Go down
MollyMormon
Admin
avatar

Posts : 274
Join date : 2009-10-29
Age : 41
Location : The valley of the shadow of death

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco voters to ban Cat De-clawing   Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:24 pm

But the real question is, do they still have their cats? I don't know what to think about this stuff sometimes. We circumcise babies and pierce ears and shave baby heads. We tattoo and scar and put metal posts into peeps. I understand if it causes issues with the cat but if it doesn't and they can make it virtually pain free and it's an indoor cat whats the problem? Educate me people.

_________________
Put out or get out.
Back to top Go down
http://vegrejects.forumotion.net
adam antichrist
Admin
avatar

Posts : 323
Join date : 2009-10-29
Age : 45
Location : australia

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco voters to ban Cat De-clawing   Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:24 pm

chunky chicken wrote:
our last two cats were rescues and they were declawed.

before they were rescued?

_________________
"My mom's a slut"
-chunky chicken
Back to top Go down
http://veghealthnews.blogspot.com
chunky chicken
echoing vagina
avatar

Posts : 193
Join date : 2009-10-29
Age : 38
Location : the arctic

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco voters to ban Cat De-clawing   Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:27 pm

i didn't do it. so yes. i'm assuming that the pound didn't do it.
Back to top Go down
adam antichrist
Admin
avatar

Posts : 323
Join date : 2009-10-29
Age : 45
Location : australia

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco voters to ban Cat De-clawing   Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:29 pm

MollyMormon wrote:
But the real question is, do they still have their cats? I don't know what to think about this stuff sometimes. We circumcise babies and pierce ears and shave baby heads. We tattoo and scar and put metal posts into peeps. I understand if it causes issues with the cat but if it doesn't and they can make it virtually pain free and it's an indoor cat whats the problem? Educate me people.

Molls, as you may recall I have lost the tip of one of my fingers. The nerve endings try to regrow wehn they are severed but all they can do is connect to the scar tissue (thats why sewing back a limb shortly after it is severed can work, because the nerves can grow back together). Anyway, declawing is a similar process, but it's the fingernails and not the entire digit which is removed. But the nerve endings will still be active, and they will still feel pain, burning and itching from those nerves; because the nerve is all fucked up and sends these signals for no reason. I only get it in one fingertip and it's no fun. I can't imagine what it would be like in all ten. And I reckon cats claws are very sensitive, since they can use them gently if they choose. So there is a chance that they will experience at least some discomfort for the rest of their lives.

_________________
"My mom's a slut"
-chunky chicken
Back to top Go down
http://veghealthnews.blogspot.com
kitkatkootie
drunken whore
avatar

Posts : 161
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 44
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco voters to ban Cat De-clawing   Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:33 pm

yes what adam said. and mols, if humans want to fuck their cocks up by circumcising and peirce shit and do whatever, that's a human problem and their decision. but fucking up an animal where they had no say in it is all kinds of fucked up.

i know in chicago the shelters and most vets will not declaw a cat any more. it's shocking how many people still think it's ok to do it for the sake of their furniture not getting ruined.

guess what fucktards? when you have animals, some of your shit is gonna get ruined. so don't get an animal if you can't handle it. jesus.
Back to top Go down
adam antichrist
Admin
avatar

Posts : 323
Join date : 2009-10-29
Age : 45
Location : australia

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco voters to ban Cat De-clawing   Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:34 pm

oh god. i just quickly looked up info on pain receptors in cats claws, and found all this fucked up stuff they do using cats as subjects in neuroscience experiments. Crying or Very sad

_________________
"My mom's a slut"
-chunky chicken
Back to top Go down
http://veghealthnews.blogspot.com
chunky chicken
echoing vagina
avatar

Posts : 193
Join date : 2009-10-29
Age : 38
Location : the arctic

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco voters to ban Cat De-clawing   Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:34 pm

i was talking to a guy at work this past week who has lost one of his finger tips. they had to end up taking it down to the first knuckle. he says that now it doesn't cause his as much pain and trouble as it had for the first 10-15 years. he got it cut off when he was 16. he's in his late 60's now.
Back to top Go down
MollyMormon
Admin
avatar

Posts : 274
Join date : 2009-10-29
Age : 41
Location : The valley of the shadow of death

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco voters to ban Cat De-clawing   Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:35 pm

adam antichrist wrote:
MollyMormon wrote:
But the real question is, do they still have their cats? I don't know what to think about this stuff sometimes. We circumcise babies and pierce ears and shave baby heads. We tattoo and scar and put metal posts into peeps. I understand if it causes issues with the cat but if it doesn't and they can make it virtually pain free and it's an indoor cat whats the problem? Educate me people.

Molls, as you may recall I have lost the tip of one of my fingers. The nerve endings try to regrow wehn they are severed but all they can do is connect to the scar tissue (thats why sewing back a limb shortly after it is severed can work, because the nerves can grow back together). Anyway, declawing is a similar process, but it's the fingernails and not the entire digit which is removed. But the nerve endings will still be active, and they will still feel pain, burning and itching from those nerves; because the nerve is all fucked up and sends these signals for no reason. I only get it in one fingertip and it's no fun. I can't imagine what it would be like in all ten. And I reckon cats claws are very sensitive, since they can use them gently if they choose. So there is a chance that they will experience at least some discomfort for the rest of their lives.
OK well that makes sense then. That would be so weird. I really don't see how it is necessary just because my cats don't have issues with claws. Fred won't even put them out when he is playing. Although he is about old enough to fix. I know they can do it younger but why push it. So I wonder if the nerves to his nuts will still be there. Are there nerves in your nuts? MAybe they should consider cat vasectomys instead. I am really not being obstinate. What you said about the finger, you would know, I can't dispute that. It just made me wonder about the nuts.

_________________
Put out or get out.
Back to top Go down
http://vegrejects.forumotion.net
MollyMormon
Admin
avatar

Posts : 274
Join date : 2009-10-29
Age : 41
Location : The valley of the shadow of death

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco voters to ban Cat De-clawing   Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:39 pm

kitkatkootie wrote:
yes what adam said. and mols, if humans want to fuck their cocks up by circumcising and peirce shit and do whatever, that's a human problem and their decision. but fucking up an animal where they had no say in it is all kinds of fucked up.

i know in chicago the shelters and most vets will not declaw a cat any more. it's shocking how many people still think it's ok to do it for the sake of their furniture not getting ruined.

guess what fucktards? when you have animals, some of your shit is gonna get ruined. so don't get an animal if you can't handle it. jesus.
I was at the pound once and this dog had been turned in and he had been debarked because they didn't want him barking at people and declawed because they didnt want scratches on stuff and they had all its teeth removed so he couldn't bite. Then they turned him over to the pound anyway. He was a big fluffy black dog that probably wouldn't have done any of those things anyway.

_________________
Put out or get out.
Back to top Go down
http://vegrejects.forumotion.net
kitkatkootie
drunken whore
avatar

Posts : 161
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 44
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco voters to ban Cat De-clawing   Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:41 pm

adam antichrist wrote:
oh god. i just quickly looked up info on pain receptors in cats claws, and found all this fucked up stuff they do using cats as subjects in neuroscience experiments. Crying or Very sad

oh noes now you are really gonna puke blue plastic. and cry too. just look at this instead.
[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
kitkatkootie
drunken whore
avatar

Posts : 161
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 44
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco voters to ban Cat De-clawing   Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:43 pm

MollyMormon wrote:
kitkatkootie wrote:
yes what adam said. and mols, if humans want to fuck their cocks up by circumcising and peirce shit and do whatever, that's a human problem and their decision. but fucking up an animal where they had no say in it is all kinds of fucked up.

i know in chicago the shelters and most vets will not declaw a cat any more. it's shocking how many people still think it's ok to do it for the sake of their furniture not getting ruined.

guess what fucktards? when you have animals, some of your shit is gonna get ruined. so don't get an animal if you can't handle it. jesus.
I was at the pound once and this dog had been turned in and he had been debarked because they didn't want him barking at people and declawed because they didnt want scratches on stuff and they had all its teeth removed so he couldn't bite. Then they turned him over to the pound anyway. He was a big fluffy black dog that probably wouldn't have done any of those things anyway.

i hate humans.
Back to top Go down
MollyMormon
Admin
avatar

Posts : 274
Join date : 2009-10-29
Age : 41
Location : The valley of the shadow of death

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco voters to ban Cat De-clawing   Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:43 pm

That pic can solve all the declawing issues. Kitty crocks.

_________________
Put out or get out.
Back to top Go down
http://vegrejects.forumotion.net
adam antichrist
Admin
avatar

Posts : 323
Join date : 2009-10-29
Age : 45
Location : australia

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco voters to ban Cat De-clawing   Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:50 pm

MollyMormon wrote:
adam antichrist wrote:
MollyMormon wrote:
But the real question is, do they still have their cats? I don't know what to think about this stuff sometimes. We circumcise babies and pierce ears and shave baby heads. We tattoo and scar and put metal posts into peeps. I understand if it causes issues with the cat but if it doesn't and they can make it virtually pain free and it's an indoor cat whats the problem? Educate me people.

Molls, as you may recall I have lost the tip of one of my fingers. The nerve endings try to regrow wehn they are severed but all they can do is connect to the scar tissue (thats why sewing back a limb shortly after it is severed can work, because the nerves can grow back together). Anyway, declawing is a similar process, but it's the fingernails and not the entire digit which is removed. But the nerve endings will still be active, and they will still feel pain, burning and itching from those nerves; because the nerve is all fucked up and sends these signals for no reason. I only get it in one fingertip and it's no fun. I can't imagine what it would be like in all ten. And I reckon cats claws are very sensitive, since they can use them gently if they choose. So there is a chance that they will experience at least some discomfort for the rest of their lives.
OK well that makes sense then. That would be so weird. I really don't see how it is necessary just because my cats don't have issues with claws. Fred won't even put them out when he is playing. Although he is about old enough to fix. I know they can do it younger but why push it. So I wonder if the nerves to his nuts will still be there. Are there nerves in your nuts? MAybe they should consider cat vasectomys instead. I am really not being obstinate. What you said about the finger, you would know, I can't dispute that. It just made me wonder about the nuts.

I think the nerves are in the skin around them? Not 100% sure on that...
anyway I think they just take the balls because it's easier. And vasectomies can heal themselves on rare occasions.

_________________
"My mom's a slut"
-chunky chicken
Back to top Go down
http://veghealthnews.blogspot.com
kitkatkootie
drunken whore
avatar

Posts : 161
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 44
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco voters to ban Cat De-clawing   Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:59 pm

mols you get your fixed don't you?

i mean, human sterilization is something i recommend highly, animal sterilization is a close second.
Back to top Go down
MollyMormon
Admin
avatar

Posts : 274
Join date : 2009-10-29
Age : 41
Location : The valley of the shadow of death

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco voters to ban Cat De-clawing   Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:23 pm

kitkatkootie wrote:
mols you get your fixed don't you?

i mean, human sterilization is something i recommend highly, animal sterilization is a close second.
Of course I do. He is still a baby and I don't want anything bad to happen to him. He was abandoned in my ally and I had to bottle feed him. I am just being over protective and don't want him thinking I am dumping him off. My cat Bob died and I am still a little cautious. And my DH is sterilized too. I encourage people to do it all the time. My sister was going to but then got a stupid boyfriend so she didn't. They broke up anyway. How many men here that are against breeding went and had the snip.

_________________
Put out or get out.
Back to top Go down
http://vegrejects.forumotion.net
kitkatkootie
drunken whore
avatar

Posts : 161
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 44
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco voters to ban Cat De-clawing   Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:51 pm

whew. sterilization for all my friends!
Back to top Go down
chunky chicken
echoing vagina
avatar

Posts : 193
Join date : 2009-10-29
Age : 38
Location : the arctic

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco voters to ban Cat De-clawing   Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:00 pm

kitkatkootie wrote:
whew. sterilization for all my friends!
i'm already taken care of. but otherwise that would have been a cool present. santa
Back to top Go down
MollyMormon
Admin
avatar

Posts : 274
Join date : 2009-10-29
Age : 41
Location : The valley of the shadow of death

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco voters to ban Cat De-clawing   Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:32 pm

Me and DH are both fixed. I wonder mostly about peeps against human breeding. Put up or shut up. How many peeps on VB that say they are against having kids will go get sterilized?

_________________
Put out or get out.
Back to top Go down
http://vegrejects.forumotion.net
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: San Francisco voters to ban Cat De-clawing   

Back to top Go down
 
San Francisco voters to ban Cat De-clawing
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Veg*n Rejects :: Veg Specific Discussion :: Animal Rights/Welfare-
Jump to: