Veg*n Rejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veg*n Rejects

Another testament of veg*n life.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please bookmark www.vegrejects.net, which is the new home for this community. You will need to register an account. Molly and Adam will continue to run the site as administrators. See you over there!

cup winning jocky fined one bag of mixed lollies for whipping horse after finish line.

Go down 
+2
chunky chicken
adam antichrist
6 posters
AuthorMessage
adam antichrist
Admin
adam antichrist

cup winning jocky fined one bag of mixed lollies for whipping horse after finish line. Empty
PostSubject: cup winning jocky fined one bag of mixed lollies for whipping horse after finish line.   cup winning jocky fined one bag of mixed lollies for whipping horse after finish line. EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 9:31 am

In australia, we have this horse race called the melbourne cup which causes wet vaginas all over the place. They call it "the race that stops the nation". People of melbourne get a public holiday. Last tuesday, the 2009 Melbourne Cup attracted i think it was $96M in bets. Everybody in the whole country watches the race, even little schoolkids get time off to watch it. I don't of course, I didn't even remember it was cup day until after the fucking race was over. But I'm the super staunch vegan.

Anyway, something unusual happened. The jocky on the winning horse was still whipping the horse after the race was over (i don't know how many times, since I haven't watched the footage). But unfortunately for the jocky, the use of the whip has just been under scrutiny from the general public with respect to animal welfare laws. Jockeys actually went on strike recently to allow them to continue hitting their horses to make them run faster. So, since it is an issue which has received discussion; the racing authorities were unable to ignore it.

But they did their best. Jockey Corey Brown was fined $500 for hitting the horse. This is a paltry amount, especially since he was fined for breaching whip rules on two occasions only 2 months ago. Clearly a fine is not the answer, he needs to be forced to promise never to do it again; and given no tv for a month.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/horse-racing/brown-hayes-cop-fines/2009/11/05/1257247696296.html
Back to top Go down
http://veghealthnews.blogspot.com
chunky chicken
echoing vagina
chunky chicken

cup winning jocky fined one bag of mixed lollies for whipping horse after finish line. Empty
PostSubject: Re: cup winning jocky fined one bag of mixed lollies for whipping horse after finish line.   cup winning jocky fined one bag of mixed lollies for whipping horse after finish line. EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 10:27 am

why isn't there so many strikes and yer out rules? since he did it two other times?
Back to top Go down
adam antichrist
Admin
adam antichrist

PostSubject: Re: cup winning jocky fined one bag of mixed lollies for whipping horse after finish line.   cup winning jocky fined one bag of mixed lollies for whipping horse after finish line. EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 11:06 am

because they don't give a shit.
Back to top Go down
http://veghealthnews.blogspot.com
Wyvern
twatface
Wyvern

PostSubject: Re: cup winning jocky fined one bag of mixed lollies for whipping horse after finish line.   cup winning jocky fined one bag of mixed lollies for whipping horse after finish line. EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 6:02 pm

My family was in the horse racing business big time. Both my Father and Brother were drivers(harness racing). I think my dad stopped racing around the time I was born but continued to own race horses till I was a teen, my brother went on to do it until a year ago when he was in a major horse pile up, and they found that he had heart defects(which was unrealated to the crash). I use to work at the racetrack for awhile taking care of the horses. I never seen any abuse of the horses, mostly because they are thousands of dollars worth of investments so they tend to be taken well cared for. I am sure abuse did happen just never seen it myself. I enjoyed my time working with the horses and I think the experance helped lead to me being a vegan today. Over all I think the industry should stop.
Back to top Go down
MollyMormon
Admin
MollyMormon

PostSubject: Re: cup winning jocky fined one bag of mixed lollies for whipping horse after finish line.   cup winning jocky fined one bag of mixed lollies for whipping horse after finish line. EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 6:07 pm

If everyone had to stop whipping then it would be an even playing field. Even if every horse went slower, it would still be fair. Whats the big deal? Of course they would probably resort to spurs or sticks or some other cruel thing that isn't technically in the rules.
Back to top Go down
https://vegrejects.forumotion.net
dontsurrender
ate a dick
dontsurrender

PostSubject: Re: cup winning jocky fined one bag of mixed lollies for whipping horse after finish line.   cup winning jocky fined one bag of mixed lollies for whipping horse after finish line. EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 9:26 pm

MollyMormon wrote:
If everyone had to stop whipping then it would be an even playing field.

But I love whipping!

As for horses, though, I just stick to petting...
Back to top Go down
kelbots
creep
kelbots

PostSubject: Re: cup winning jocky fined one bag of mixed lollies for whipping horse after finish line.   cup winning jocky fined one bag of mixed lollies for whipping horse after finish line. EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 10:53 pm

chunky chicken wrote:
why isn't there so many strikes and yer out rules? since he did it two other times?

You would have to equate it to Cricket or some other such thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cup winning jocky fined one bag of mixed lollies for whipping horse after finish line.   cup winning jocky fined one bag of mixed lollies for whipping horse after finish line. Empty

Back to top Go down

cup winning jocky fined one bag of mixed lollies for whipping horse after finish line.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Veg*n Rejects :: Veg Specific Discussion :: Animal Rights/Welfare-
Jump to: