Veg*n Rejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veg*n Rejects

Another testament of veg*n life.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please bookmark www.vegrejects.net, which is the new home for this community. You will need to register an account. Molly and Adam will continue to run the site as administrators. See you over there!

Do you Believe?

Go down 
+4
phact0rri
chunky chicken
kelbots
Wyvern
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Wyvern
twatface
Wyvern

Do you Believe? Empty
PostSubject: Do you Believe?   Do you Believe? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 3:31 am

Was wondering how many people here believe in extraterrestrial life? Second part of this question is if you do believe in extraterrestrial life, do you believe Earth has been visited by Alien life any time in it's history or present?
Back to top Go down
kelbots
creep
kelbots

Do you Believe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you Believe?   Do you Believe? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:17 am

I was watching a program on discovery last night, and it was taking each of the major inventions of science fiction and talking about how realistic they actually are. Like warp speed and the transporter. It also talked about an equation that some scientist named Drake had come up with help decide whether life on other planets was possible. The Drake Equation calculates the amount of livable planets in solar systems that are comparable to ours. So there is that... And when you consider the quantum physic-y multiple dimensional aspect, it opens up countless other doors. I just don't see it as being very realistic that we are alone. Also, when you take into account that microscopic life has no idea that it is being watched, can you say for sure that we aren't as well? What if, like the end of "Men In Black" or "Horton Hears a Who", there is no limit in bigness or smallness and we are apart of something much bigger than a mere galaxy?
I love metaphysics Smile
Back to top Go down
chunky chicken
echoing vagina
chunky chicken

Do you Believe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you Believe?   Do you Believe? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:26 am

i'm in the horton hear's a who group. i think that there are other galaxies out there and we are not alone.
Back to top Go down
phact0rri
ate a dick
phact0rri

Do you Believe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you Believe?   Do you Believe? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:30 am

I often wonder if alien's use Lube and if it'd feel good.
Back to top Go down
kelbots
creep
kelbots

Do you Believe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you Believe?   Do you Believe? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:36 am

phact0rri wrote:
I often wonder if alien's use Lube and if it'd feel good.

I don't think they need it. They are slimy already. You add lube to that and your dick would fuck clean through them.

Clean through.
Back to top Go down
Wyvern
twatface
Wyvern

Do you Believe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you Believe?   Do you Believe? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:38 am

I remember reading a short story in highschool about a guy that had a micro universe stuck on his hand, and every time he went to scratch it he would cause mass destruction on the planets where the micro people lived. Thier universe moved at a faster rate so they finally were able to travel out of their universe and tell the guy to stop scratching his hand. I can't remember the name of the story but I'm pretty sure the Simpsons did a Halloween show based off of that story.
Back to top Go down
chunky chicken
echoing vagina
chunky chicken

Do you Believe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you Believe?   Do you Believe? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:49 am

Wyvern wrote:
I remember reading a short story in highschool about a guy that had a micro universe stuck on his hand, and every time he went to scratch it he would cause mass destruction on the planets where the micro people lived. Thier universe moved at a faster rate so they finally were able to travel out of their universe and tell the guy to stop scratching his hand. I can't remember the name of the story but I'm pretty sure the Simpsons did a Halloween show based off of that story.
i bet he was masturbating, not scratching.

and yes, the simpsons did an episode like this. but lisa grew the town in a dish.
Back to top Go down
kelbots
creep
kelbots

Do you Believe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you Believe?   Do you Believe? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 5:00 am

Treehouse of terror Smile She grew the town in a petri dish, I think...
Back to top Go down
Wyvern
twatface
Wyvern

Do you Believe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you Believe?   Do you Believe? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 5:01 am

Yeah a dish, soda, her tooth, and a touch of bart.
Back to top Go down
Wyvern
twatface
Wyvern

Do you Believe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you Believe?   Do you Believe? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 5:04 am

Now that I think of it, I think I posted this post in the wrong area. I think there should be a Nerd question section and this post should be moved there......Get on it.
Back to top Go down
MollyMormon
Admin
MollyMormon

Do you Believe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you Believe?   Do you Believe? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 5:06 am

Yes I do. it is even a part of my religion. But no they have never been here. That too is a part of my faith. They have theoir own God and need to mind there own business.
Back to top Go down
https://vegrejects.forumotion.net
kelbots
creep
kelbots

Do you Believe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you Believe?   Do you Believe? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 5:54 am

MollyMormon wrote:
Yes I do. it is even a part of my religion. But no they have never been here. That too is a part of my faith. They have theoir own God and need to mind there own business.

What happens if they don't?
Back to top Go down
kitkatkootie
drunken whore
kitkatkootie

Do you Believe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you Believe?   Do you Believe? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 3:58 pm

i totally believe that there are other life forms and universes and beings out there and that they are walking among us somehow even if we don't know it.

i mean, if people can believe in a god, why not extra terrestrial life. its a form of faith like everything else we can't see or prove exists.
Back to top Go down
Elvis of Nazareth
ate a dick
Elvis of Nazareth

Do you Believe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you Believe?   Do you Believe? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 5:04 pm

I think extraterrestrial life is without a question possible in a universe as large as ours... however, I think contact with other life forms is next to impossible. The odds are highly stacked against it.

Additionally, it's likely that were we to encounter another intelligence we wouldn't be able to communicate with it. We can't even communicate fully with Dolphins, the 2nd most intelligent animals on our own planet.

Consider this, if a lifeform is intelligent enough to traverse time and space via technology, they are ages beyond us in intelligence. We do not possess such a technology. Would such a lifeform have any interest in communicating with us? Not likely. We would be far to primitive.

To use an analogy, it would be like us traveling to the other side of the earth to observe an ant colony. Ants do not possess the technology to traverse the great distances at will that humans have. In this analogy, the other side of the earth would represent the great distances of space that advanced lifeforms would have to travel to make contact, and the ant colony would be representative of humans that cannot communicate with an advanced lifeform.

that aside...

Additionally, its possible that we wouldn't even recognize extraterrestrial life as life.

Scientists seem so close minded when they consider that for life to evolve, conditions on other planets in the universe must match our own. Whose to say that some form of life couldn't evolve in the the vacuum of space some how, or survive on some other gaseous mixture other than oxygen, or be impervious to heat or cold if a planet is too close or too far from a sun?

Here Carl Sagan explains the Drake Equation, and the possibility of life in the universe.

Back to top Go down
Wyvern
twatface
Wyvern

Do you Believe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you Believe?   Do you Believe? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 5:21 pm

""Consider this, if a lifeform is intelligent enough to traverse time and space via technology, they are ages beyond us in intelligence. We do not possess such a technology. Would such a lifeform have any interest in communicating with us? Not likely. We would be far to primitive. ""

That is if we assume ALL extraterrestrail life that travel beyond thier own home world is at that stage of intelligence. If Humans in the next fifty years find a way to use some sort of Jump Gate technology which can take them anywhere in a second and found a planet with caveman type life, I think we would try and communicate with them.

Also why wouldn't it be likely for a alien race that is highly intelligent that mastered space travel not want to study a "primative" Human race that may be on the same track as they once were. I would assume that any race that builds technology to travel the stars would have a curiosity to study other life no matter how primative.
Back to top Go down
adam antichrist
Admin
adam antichrist

Do you Believe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you Believe?   Do you Believe? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 11:52 pm

Elvis of Nazareth wrote:

Scientists seem so close minded when they consider that for life to evolve, conditions on other planets in the universe must match our own. Whose to say that some form of life couldn't evolve in the the vacuum of space some how, or survive on some other gaseous mixture other than oxygen, or be impervious to heat or cold if a planet is too close or too far from a sun?

exactly. There are some who suggest that the position of the earth this far from the sun allowing life to evolve is evidence of a higher power (the anthropic principle)
Back to top Go down
http://veghealthnews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

Do you Believe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you Believe?   Do you Believe? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you Believe?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Veg*n Rejects :: Stuff :: Links and interesting things-
Jump to: