Veg*n Rejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veg*n Rejects

Another testament of veg*n life.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please bookmark www.vegrejects.net, which is the new home for this community. You will need to register an account. Molly and Adam will continue to run the site as administrators. See you over there!

My dog is the devil. ...Except needier and not as cool.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

My dog is the devil.  ...Except needier and not as cool. Empty
PostSubject: My dog is the devil. ...Except needier and not as cool.   My dog is the devil.  ...Except needier and not as cool. EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 6:54 pm

Our puppy is the devil. I want him to ...okay i don't want him dead or to run away or get hit by a car... I just want him to quit jumping on me and biting my hands and being so goddamn needy. Training him is really frustrating because me and mom try to train him and my dad comes home and undoes everything. He is a good dog in the way that he doesn't mean to be bad... He just wants attention and doesn't know how to get it. I would really REALLY love to give him pets and loves for positive feedback as a training tool, but he bits my hands and jumps all over me. Mom found this guy called The Dogfather and it looks promising... it doesn't say exactly what he does but if the testimonials are true then I want to get it. Mom is also on board. Dad keeps thinking that he is going to come around or something. But as it is, he is too big for me to take for walks when he pulls so much so he is getting no exercise. That is part of the problem, I know. He has a line outside, but I don't trust that he won't get it wrapped around a column on the porch and hang himself. I do love this dog, but I can't get anything done when I have to watch him. This is an elephant with an uncircumsized nose. elephant
Back to top Go down
MollyMormon
Admin
MollyMormon

PostSubject: Re: My dog is the devil. ...Except needier and not as cool.   My dog is the devil.  ...Except needier and not as cool. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 12:15 am

I had a puppy like that. He drove me nuts. His name was Steve. I feel really bad because he finally did get hit by a car and died.
Back to top Go down
https://vegrejects.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: My dog is the devil. ...Except needier and not as cool.   My dog is the devil.  ...Except needier and not as cool. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 12:50 am

I'm just not as patient as I used to be with him. It's frustrating trying to do schoolwork when he is howling and barking downstairs.
Back to top Go down
Unovegan
the gay blade
Unovegan

PostSubject: Re: My dog is the devil. ...Except needier and not as cool.   My dog is the devil.  ...Except needier and not as cool. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 12:53 am

the last response didn't go through. you muther fucker. our dog was a biter and jumper. We had to show her who the alphas were. We would literally sit on her for over half an hour with her biting and fighting. It worked as well as some hardcore wrasslin' when she'd get nippy. She learned who the bosses were. boom.
Back to top Go down
MollyMormon
Admin
MollyMormon

PostSubject: Re: My dog is the devil. ...Except needier and not as cool.   My dog is the devil.  ...Except needier and not as cool. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 1:13 am

I have heard that the alpha technique can backfire because they will try to pull rank on the kids.
Back to top Go down
Unovegan
the gay blade
Unovegan

PostSubject: Re: My dog is the devil. ...Except needier and not as cool.   My dog is the devil.  ...Except needier and not as cool. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 3:52 am

MollyMormon wrote:
I have heard that the alpha technique can backfire because they will try to pull rank on the kids.

As annoying as Sam was today, i think i'd really enjoy that. jussed sayin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My dog is the devil. ...Except needier and not as cool.   My dog is the devil.  ...Except needier and not as cool. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 3:58 am

lol nice
Jeff said to bite him so I have bitten his ears a couple of times but it hasn't done anything. I would sit on him but, again, the biting...
He makes me think some very unvegan things... Mad
Back to top Go down
Unovegan
the gay blade
Unovegan

PostSubject: Re: My dog is the devil. ...Except needier and not as cool.   My dog is the devil.  ...Except needier and not as cool. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:02 am

kelbots wrote:
lol nice
Jeff said to bite him so I have bitten his ears a couple of times but it hasn't done anything. I would sit on him but, again, the biting...

Un(o)vegan things? Like eating a hamburger? Having a rare steak? That's so weird that your anger towards your mutt would make you want to eat meat again. No

If he bites you, you CAN feed your arm to him. Often that will throw them off and they start to gag.
Back to top Go down
adam antichrist
Admin
adam antichrist

PostSubject: Re: My dog is the devil. ...Except needier and not as cool.   My dog is the devil.  ...Except needier and not as cool. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:11 am

kelbots wrote:
lol nice

how do you communicate with your dog kels? Some people don't realise they cannot understand commands, rather it is the sound they respond to. So if you use the words "bad dog" with the same intonations you use to say "good dog" he won't know what the fuck's going on. A growly voice is best when they are bad, but you have to be consistent. EVERY TIME it is bad, even when it was bad but cute. Even when it gives the hang dog look. Otherwise you are raising a kid who will end up a drug addict on the streets and in and out of gaol. The main problem is your dad is probably the alpha male (esp if he feeds him) so if he doesn't do it too then you are fucked. This is why people shouldn't be allowed to have animals unless they can prove they will be responsible, if he bites your hand he will bite somebody else's and it's just because your dad lets him bite his hand as a game.
Back to top Go down
http://veghealthnews.blogspot.com
MollyMormon
Admin
MollyMormon

PostSubject: Re: My dog is the devil. ...Except needier and not as cool.   My dog is the devil.  ...Except needier and not as cool. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:16 am

I heard that too Adam, but my dog sure does seem to know his name. He perks up and at least looks at you.
Back to top Go down
adam antichrist
Admin
adam antichrist

PostSubject: Re: My dog is the devil. ...Except needier and not as cool.   My dog is the devil.  ...Except needier and not as cool. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:47 am

yeah I have wondered about that. I used to experiment using different tones with my dog and she responded to ones she was familiar with and not others. But they become very used to hearing their name, so it's hard to say whether the same cognitive associations can occur with other words they hear much more infrequently.
Back to top Go down
MollyMormon
Admin
MollyMormon

PostSubject: Re: My dog is the devil. ...Except needier and not as cool.   My dog is the devil.  ...Except needier and not as cool. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 5:03 am

I said his name and here he is. Otherwise he is about the most useless dog in the world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My dog is the devil. ...Except needier and not as cool.   My dog is the devil.  ...Except needier and not as cool. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 7:40 am

You're right, Adam. I have thought about the consistency and tone of voice before but I didn't think about my dad being the alpha male. We all feed Zeus but he loves my dad the most. The dogfather stuff looks to good to be true... which means it probably is...
Back to top Go down
adam antichrist
Admin
adam antichrist

PostSubject: Re: My dog is the devil. ...Except needier and not as cool.   My dog is the devil.  ...Except needier and not as cool. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 10:43 am

you should take your dad to see the dogs in the shelter. Maybe he'll be scared straight.
Back to top Go down
kelbots
creep
kelbots

PostSubject: Re: My dog is the devil. ...Except needier and not as cool.   My dog is the devil.  ...Except needier and not as cool. EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 6:23 pm

lol nice
we finally ordered the dogfather thing. We decided that it was worth it even if it was just a box full of pills and special crowns to enhance good thoughts or something. In 15-18 business days I will let you know if it is retarded (exceptional!), painful to the dog or if it even works. Await that post with much anticipation.
Back to top Go down
MollyMormon
Admin
MollyMormon

PostSubject: Re: My dog is the devil. ...Except needier and not as cool.   My dog is the devil.  ...Except needier and not as cool. EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:31 pm

You do know that one day he will ask a favor of you right.
Back to top Go down
kelbots
creep
kelbots

PostSubject: Re: My dog is the devil. ...Except needier and not as cool.   My dog is the devil.  ...Except needier and not as cool. EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 5:15 pm

That is okay because on the day of his daughter's wedding, I will ask for him to stop being a lunatic and help my dog.
Back to top Go down
adam antichrist
Admin
adam antichrist

PostSubject: Re: My dog is the devil. ...Except needier and not as cool.   My dog is the devil.  ...Except needier and not as cool. EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 1:09 am

lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My dog is the devil. ...Except needier and not as cool.   My dog is the devil.  ...Except needier and not as cool. Empty

Back to top Go down

My dog is the devil. ...Except needier and not as cool.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Veg*n Rejects :: Veg Specific Discussion :: Animal Rights/Welfare-
Jump to: