Veg*n Rejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veg*n Rejects

Another testament of veg*n life.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please bookmark www.vegrejects.net, which is the new home for this community. You will need to register an account. Molly and Adam will continue to run the site as administrators. See you over there!

Jesus Wore Jeans

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kitkatkootie
drunken whore
kitkatkootie

Jesus Wore Jeans Empty
PostSubject: Jesus Wore Jeans   Jesus Wore Jeans EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 4:25 pm

this is just all kinds of awesome. there is a website called jesus wore jeans based on this poem.

Jesus Wore Jeans

He came to me one night
He appeared in my dreams.
Oh, he was quite a sight.
Did you know he wore jeans?

He looked like any you see,
but I just knew it was he,
as his love washed over me
and it felt good to just be.

He dropped by to show
support from above
and to let me know
it is all about love.

Feel the love in your heart;
go forth and do your part.
Beam it out from within,
go ahead and begin.

He is always with us
in support of us all.
Love is our purpose,
Give the clarion call.

We all have the means,
Hey, Jesus wore jeans.

-Denice Bell
Back to top Go down
kitkatkootie
drunken whore
kitkatkootie

Jesus Wore Jeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus Wore Jeans   Jesus Wore Jeans EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 4:32 pm

Article from Christian Today:
http://www.christiantoday.com/article/church.wants.jesus.in.jeans.statue.to.connect.with.community/23344.htm

Copyright ©️ 2009 Christian Today. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Church wants Jesus in jeans statue to connect with community
by Jenna Lyle
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 8:16 (BST)

A Catholic church in Uckfield has unveiled a new seven foot high statue of a modern day Jesus wearing jeans and a shirt.

The £35,000 bronze statue at Our Lady Immaculate and St Philip Neri Catholic church was funded by a member of the congregation, the late Winifred Gregory, who died last year at the age of 87, reports The Telegraph.

The statue was made by Marcus Cornish and shows Jesus with a modern beard and hairstyle rather than in a traditional representation, and with the wind apparently blowing his hair and shirt.

The parish priest, Father Buckley was quoted by The Telegraph, "You are always looking for new ways to enrich people in the experience of Christianity and it is good people can be open-minded to appreciate it.

"On the continent you often encounter modern representations of Jesus but it is not so common over here. We wanted a figure of Christ not in suffering but dynamic and welcoming.

"We felt this design summed up the spirit and activity of Christ perfectly and I think it speaks for itself.”

Last year members of a congregation committee started a competition to find a statue which would mark the 50th anniversary of the church. The modern Jesus by Cornish received 200 votes of support from congregants and only 14 against.

Later this week the statue will be raised 100 feet in the air and placed on the top of the bell tower after a gold leaf halo is added to the statue's head.

Mr Cornish said, "The sculpture is simple and direct and I hope it sums up the feeling that Christ is always with us and that we are not to be afraid. His clothing is being blown vigorously to add the sense of him being alive and his strength in defying earthly cares.

"The clothing is loosely contemporary in order to connect Christ to his people now as much as to his past. I hope this sculpture will inspire and communicate in very human terms, reaching out and being relevant to both the congregation and local community."
Back to top Go down
adam antichrist
Admin
adam antichrist

Jesus Wore Jeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus Wore Jeans   Jesus Wore Jeans EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 4:52 pm

yup. need to get your god out of his dress.
Back to top Go down
http://veghealthnews.blogspot.com
kitkatkootie
drunken whore
kitkatkootie

Jesus Wore Jeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus Wore Jeans   Jesus Wore Jeans EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 4:53 pm

Thursday, May 14, 2009
'Jesus in jeans' sculpture unveiled

Jesus Wore Jeans 1

This bronze statue showing Jesus in his best baggy jeans has proved a hit outside Our Lady Immaculate and St Phillip Neri church in Uckfield.

Father David Buckley unveiled the £35,000 seven-foot high bronze statue at the Our Lady Immaculate and St Philip Neri Catholic church in Uckfield.

Cornish's sculpture was funded by money left by Winifred Gregory, 87, a member of the congregation who passed away last year.
Christ is wearing jeans and a shirt billowing in the wind while his hair and beard are neatly and fashionably trimmed.

Father Buckley said: "You are always looking for new ways to enrich people in the experience of Christianity and it is good people can be open-minded to appreciate it.

"On the continent you often encounter modern representations of Jesus but it is not so common over here. We wanted a figure of Christ not in suffering but dynamic and welcoming.

"We felt this design summed up the spirit and activity of Christ perfectly and I think it speaks for itself.

Members of a congregation committee opened a competition last year to find a winning statue to mark the church's 50-year anniversary.

Mr Cornish's design was the overwhelming favourite with more than 200 voting in favour last May and only 14 parishioners against.

The statue will be hoisted 100-feet in the air later this week to sit at the top of the church's bell tower after a gold leaf halo has been added to the head.

Mr Cornish, who is based in nearby Lewes and whose work has been bought by The Prince of Wales in the past, said: "The sculpture is simple and direct and I hope it sums up the feeling that Christ is always with us and that we are not to be afraid.

"His clothing is being blown vigorously to add the sense of him being alive and his strength in defying earthly cares.

"The clothing is loosely contemporary in order to connect Christ to his people now as much as to his past.

"I hope this sculpture will inspire and communicate in very human terms, reaching out and being relevant to both the congregation and local community."
Back to top Go down
adam antichrist
Admin
adam antichrist

Jesus Wore Jeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus Wore Jeans   Jesus Wore Jeans EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 4:58 pm

since they aren't going to bother with realistic portrayals (in terms of what is reported in the bible) of the man they believe was a god on earth in human form, why not have him driving a car or flying like superman or riding a t-rex? that would be really something.
Back to top Go down
adam antichrist
Admin
adam antichrist

Jesus Wore Jeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus Wore Jeans   Jesus Wore Jeans EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 4:58 pm

jesus on the moon
Back to top Go down
elgar
Admin

Jesus Wore Jeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus Wore Jeans   Jesus Wore Jeans EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 5:06 pm

Jesus wore Leviticus®️ 5:0.1
Back to top Go down
kitkatkootie
drunken whore
kitkatkootie

Jesus Wore Jeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus Wore Jeans   Jesus Wore Jeans EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 5:10 pm

i can really relate to my jesus when he is wearing jeans. i mean, i wear jeans and he wears jeans. he gets me.
Back to top Go down
adam antichrist
Admin
adam antichrist

Jesus Wore Jeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus Wore Jeans   Jesus Wore Jeans EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 5:32 pm

elgar wrote:
Jesus wore Leviticus®️ 5:0.1

Laughing

nice
Back to top Go down
adam antichrist
Admin
adam antichrist

Jesus Wore Jeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus Wore Jeans   Jesus Wore Jeans EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 5:36 pm

The anthropologist Levi-Strauss died this week. Until now I thought that was the corporation that produced Levi's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jesus Wore Jeans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus Wore Jeans   Jesus Wore Jeans Empty

Back to top Go down

Jesus Wore Jeans
Page 1 of 1