Veg*n Rejects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veg*n Rejects

Another testament of veg*n life.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please bookmark www.vegrejects.net, which is the new home for this community. You will need to register an account. Molly and Adam will continue to run the site as administrators. See you over there!

my sally boy is sick

Go down 
+3
kelbots
MollyMormon
kitkatkootie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kitkatkootie
drunken whore
kitkatkootie

my sally boy is sick Empty
PostSubject: my sally boy is sick   my sally boy is sick EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 8:34 pm

Just found out my sally boy is having kidney problems. the vet said we have to put him on special food and medicine and then check his levels again next month.

he has lost another pound since august. he's behaving all normally and goofilly and eating and drinking and playing like himself.

the doctor said it could be months or it could be years.

i've never had to deal with a pet being sick or possibly dying. on my own. my mom and dad did that stuff with our dogs when we were younger.

i'm scared shitless and trying not to freak out, but goddammit.
Back to top Go down
MollyMormon
Admin
MollyMormon

PostSubject: Re: my sally boy is sick   my sally boy is sick EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 8:39 pm

I am so sorry. I feel your pain. My Bob had liver issues. It cost us around a grand and we had to put him down anyway. Give him lots of hugs and bottled water.
Back to top Go down
https://vegrejects.forumotion.net
kitkatkootie
drunken whore
kitkatkootie

PostSubject: Re: my sally boy is sick   my sally boy is sick EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 8:51 pm

MollyMormon wrote:
I am so sorry. I feel your pain. My Bob had liver issues. It cost us around a grand and we had to put him down anyway. Give him lots of hugs and bottled water.

was Bob your little pug? god i remember you going through all that, or least hearing about it.
Sad
Back to top Go down
MollyMormon
Admin
MollyMormon

PostSubject: Re: my sally boy is sick   my sally boy is sick EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 9:07 pm

kitkatkootie wrote:
MollyMormon wrote:

was Bob your little pug? god i remember you going through all that, or least hearing about it.
Sad
Bob was my kitty. Ralph is the pug that got bit by the spider. He's ok though. Except obese.
Back to top Go down
https://vegrejects.forumotion.net
kitkatkootie
drunken whore
kitkatkootie

PostSubject: Re: my sally boy is sick   my sally boy is sick EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 9:08 pm

MollyMormon wrote:
kitkatkootie wrote:
MollyMormon wrote:

Sad
Bob was my kitty. Ralph is the pug that got bit by the spider. He's ok though. Except obese.

right right. sorry. this sucks. i feel sick. and nothing may even happen for a long time.
Back to top Go down
kelbots
creep
kelbots

PostSubject: Re: my sally boy is sick   my sally boy is sick EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 9:20 pm

Sorry Katy Sad I would hate for any of my animals to get sick.
Back to top Go down
unhindered
twatface
unhindered

PostSubject: Re: my sally boy is sick   my sally boy is sick EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 11:52 pm

So sorry about your kitty. Sad Could you take him to get a second opinion in case they can be more specific about the month or years thing?
Back to top Go down
adam antichrist
Admin
adam antichrist

PostSubject: Re: my sally boy is sick   my sally boy is sick EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 1:35 am

get well soon sally boy!
Back to top Go down
http://veghealthnews.blogspot.com
chunky chicken
echoing vagina
chunky chicken

PostSubject: Re: my sally boy is sick   my sally boy is sick EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:28 am

sorry katy. Sad not that i like kitties, cuz they scare me, but i like you and don't want you to be sad. xoxoxo
Back to top Go down
kitkatkootie
drunken whore
kitkatkootie

PostSubject: Re: my sally boy is sick   my sally boy is sick EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 3:20 pm

thanks everybody. chris and i are just feeling sick and sad.

we will do all his bloodwork again in a month, and urine testing and see what the next step is. i really really trust this vet as opposed to our last one who we are now super blaming for all of this, because we need someone to blame and want to punch.

i'm really lucky to have chris who is so sweet and loves sally as much as i do. and you guys who just get it.
Back to top Go down
adam antichrist
Admin
adam antichrist

PostSubject: Re: my sally boy is sick   my sally boy is sick EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 3:23 pm

shouldn't you be blaming obama?
oh sorry, wrong website.
Back to top Go down
kitkatkootie
drunken whore
kitkatkootie

PostSubject: Re: my sally boy is sick   my sally boy is sick EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 3:28 pm

adam antichrist wrote:
shouldn't you be blaming obama?
oh sorry, wrong website.

well i automatically blame all black people.
Back to top Go down
adam antichrist
Admin
adam antichrist

PostSubject: Re: my sally boy is sick   my sally boy is sick EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 3:35 pm

obviously the blacks are responsible for your cat's illness
Back to top Go down
kitkatkootie
drunken whore
kitkatkootie

PostSubject: Re: my sally boy is sick   my sally boy is sick EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 3:53 pm

adam antichrist wrote:
obviously the blacks are responsible for your cat's illness

obviously. cheers
Back to top Go down
dontsurrender
ate a dick
dontsurrender

PostSubject: Re: my sally boy is sick   my sally boy is sick EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:21 pm

Katy kit, I'm really sorry to hear about your sally cat and I am right there with you so I completely relate.

When my muttster got diagnosed in August I asked the vet to be very straightforward with me and he told me "weeks to months". She is nearly 14 years old and has some other issues, and it was clear that her condition was chronic renal failure (CRF). She wasn't doing well but her body had somewhat adjusted to her kidneys ineffciency so she was somewhat stable, even if feeble. It's been a rollercoaster of emotions; she'd have very bad days/weeks-- thinking she could die any day--then her body would rally, and now she has kind of settled in and is doing okay. She's an old and feeble dog but still has some enjoyment, for sure.

Dd the vet tell you what sally's BUN level was? Did he mention treating her with subcutaneous fluids? That has been shown to help cats a lot, along with the KD diet if she will eat it. I Mutt ate it for a bit but then gave up on that and all dog food and now I have to feed her whatever she will eat.

The main thing I have learned is you can only treat symptoms and behavior. If Sally seems like herself and is doing okay then don't worry about her. If she gets tired and feeble and is not acting like herself then she will need some extra care (ask about the fluid injections). Don't drive yourself nuts feeling sad and worrying every moment...she could have years of life left and you want to enjoy her!

Smile
Back to top Go down
kitkatkootie
drunken whore
kitkatkootie

PostSubject: Re: my sally boy is sick   my sally boy is sick EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:24 pm

dontsurrender wrote:
Katy kit, I'm really sorry to hear about your sally cat and I am right there with you so I completely relate.

When my muttster got diagnosed in August I asked the vet to be very straightforward with me and he told me "weeks to months". She is nearly 14 years old and has some other issues, and it was clear that her condition was chronic renal failure (CRF). She wasn't doing well but her body had somewhat adjusted to her kidneys ineffciency so she was somewhat stable, even if feeble. It's been a rollercoaster of emotions; she'd have very bad days/weeks-- thinking she could die any day--then her body would rally, and now she has kind of settled in and is doing okay. She's an old and feeble dog but still has some enjoyment, for sure.

Dd the vet tell you what sally's BUN level was? Did he mention treating her with subcutaneous fluids? That has been shown to help cats a lot, along with the KD diet if she will eat it. I Mutt ate it for a bit but then gave up on that and all dog food and now I have to feed her whatever she will eat.

The main thing I have learned is you can only treat symptoms and behavior. If Sally seems like herself and is doing okay then don't worry about her. If she gets tired and feeble and is not acting like herself then she will need some extra care (ask about the fluid injections). Don't drive yourself nuts feeling sad and worrying every moment...she could have years of life left and you want to enjoy her!

Smile

that is wonderful and calming advice. thanks lovey dovey. that is truly what chris and i are going by on a day to day basis, just letting him dictate by his behavior what we do. obviously what is most important to us is his quality of life.
Back to top Go down
kitkatkootie
drunken whore
kitkatkootie

PostSubject: Re: my sally boy is sick   my sally boy is sick EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 5:32 pm

i just tried to get quotes for how much pet insurance would cost and they won't insure cats over 10 years old. the really weird thing is i have no idea how old either of my cats really is. both strays.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my sally boy is sick   my sally boy is sick Empty

Back to top Go down

my sally boy is sick
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Veg*n Rejects :: Stuff :: Nurturing our Inner Hippy-
Jump to: