Veg*n Rejects

Another testament of veg*n life.
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Please bookmark www.vegrejects.net, which is the new home for this community. You will need to register an account. Molly and Adam will continue to run the site as administrators. See you over there!

Share | 
 

 the death of countercultural

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
SemiCharmed
ate a dick
avatar

Posts : 42
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 35
Location : Most Secret

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:00 am

I poked over here after getting that CC email. (It takes me a while to check email sometimes. Shut up.) I'm just trailing around after you lot. Someone tell me what to do, when to do it, and where it should be done. Okay? Okay.
Back to top Go down
Unovegan
the gay blade
avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2009-10-30
Location : Colorado

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:49 am

SemiCharmed wrote:
I poked over here after getting that CC email. (It takes me a while to check email sometimes. Shut up.) I'm just trailing around after you lot. Someone tell me what to do, when to do it, and where it should be done. Okay? Okay.

You'll make a good wife for your hubby.
Back to top Go down
chunky chicken
echoing vagina
avatar

Posts : 193
Join date : 2009-10-29
Age : 38
Location : the arctic

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:18 am

SemiCharmed wrote:
I poked over here after getting that CC email. (It takes me a while to check email sometimes. Shut up.) I'm just trailing around after you lot. Someone tell me what to do, when to do it, and where it should be done. Okay? Okay.
i too will go where i am told.
Back to top Go down
kelbots
creep
avatar

Posts : 65
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 78
Location : Shithole, Midwest

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:56 am

I really like it here, but if you guys are in charge then I'll check it out. I enjoy the dicky stuff....
Back to top Go down
Unovegan
the gay blade
avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2009-10-30
Location : Colorado

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:01 am

kelbots wrote:
I really like it here, but if you guys are in charge then I'll check it out. I enjoy the dicky stuff....

You lika the dickey, eh?
Back to top Go down
adam antichrist
Admin
avatar

Posts : 323
Join date : 2009-10-29
Age : 45
Location : australia

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:20 am

she love it

_________________
"My mom's a slut"
-chunky chicken
Back to top Go down
http://veghealthnews.blogspot.com
kelbots
creep
avatar

Posts : 65
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 78
Location : Shithole, Midwest

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:20 am

Oh, I lika the dickey.
Back to top Go down
chunky chicken
echoing vagina
avatar

Posts : 193
Join date : 2009-10-29
Age : 38
Location : the arctic

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:26 pm

i just went over and am getting the error message again. does this mean that we have decided to stay here?
Back to top Go down
kitkatkootie
drunken whore
avatar

Posts : 161
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 45
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:31 pm

i am 100 % for staying right here in my comfy superior forum with all my loved ones.
Back to top Go down
Unovegan
the gay blade
avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2009-10-30
Location : Colorado

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:41 pm

kitkatkootie wrote:
i am 100 % for staying right here in my comfy superior forum with all my loved ones.

even with me?
Back to top Go down
kitkatkootie
drunken whore
avatar

Posts : 161
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 45
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:59 pm

Unovegan wrote:
kitkatkootie wrote:
i am 100 % for staying right here in my comfy superior forum with all my loved ones.

even with me?

yea, even with you.
I love you
Back to top Go down
Unovegan
the gay blade
avatar

Posts : 133
Join date : 2009-10-30
Location : Colorado

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:12 pm

kitkatkootie wrote:
Unovegan wrote:
kitkatkootie wrote:
i am 100 % for staying right here in my comfy superior forum with all my loved ones.

even with me?

yea, even with you.
I love you

bounce
Back to top Go down
chunky chicken
echoing vagina
avatar

Posts : 193
Join date : 2009-10-29
Age : 38
Location : the arctic

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:13 pm

Unovegan wrote:
kitkatkootie wrote:
Unovegan wrote:
kitkatkootie wrote:
i am 100 % for staying right here in my comfy superior forum with all my loved ones.

even with me?

yea, even with you.
I love you

bounce
awwww. you made him all boingy.
Back to top Go down
elgar
Admin


Posts : 20
Join date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:23 pm

chunky chicken wrote:
i just went over and am getting the error message again. does this mean that we have decided to stay here?

There was only an error because I was adding more functionality to the site. The revised site has the very latest software which bridges across to Facebook and Twitter (you can post on both places simultaneously) and login with your facebook account when I finish designing the application.

CC is IPB3 which is absolutely cutting edge whereas this site is built upon Phpbb which is ancient. Over at XR we upgraded from this software about 5 years ago.

As this site grows you will encounter problems with regard to traffic bottlenecks and the bandwidth limits. Performance will degrade as the community expands.

I have offered the CC site to Molly and Adam to do with as they please. To be frank, it would be silly to say here. They can rebrand if necessary, I can make visual tweaks and acquire a new domain name for them free of charge.

I can recover all of the old data but I need to manually edit the database to make it "fit" the new software. IPB3 data has additional table fields which I will need to create and populate manually but I can do that in stages.

I am no longer on staff at ESB (the boxing site I worked on) so I now have free time to assist.
Back to top Go down
chunky chicken
echoing vagina
avatar

Posts : 193
Join date : 2009-10-29
Age : 38
Location : the arctic

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:31 pm

elgar wrote:
chunky chicken wrote:
i just went over and am getting the error message again. does this mean that we have decided to stay here?

There was only an error because I was adding more functionality to the site. The revised site has the very latest software which bridges across to Facebook and Twitter (you can post on both places simultaneously) and login with your facebook account when I finish designing the application.

CC is IPB3 which is absolutely cutting edge whereas this site is built upon Phpbb which is ancient. Over at XR we upgraded from this software about 5 years ago.

As this site grows you will encounter problems with regard to traffic bottlenecks and the bandwidth limits. Performance will degrade as the community expands.

I have offered the CC site to Molly and Adam to do with as they please. To be frank, it would be silly to say here. They can rebrand if necessary, I can make visual tweaks and acquire a new domain name for them free of charge.

I can recover all of the old data but I need to manually edit the database to make it "fit" the new software. IPB3 data has additional table fields which I will need to create and populate manually but I can do that in stages.

I am no longer on staff at ESB (the boxing site I worked on) so I now have free time to assist.
thanks so much for all of yer help.
if you are no longer doing the boxing site stuff what is your current employer? you are still self employed, right? so are you just out looking for new clients?
Back to top Go down
elgar
Admin


Posts : 20
Join date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:33 pm

The boxing site was only a hobby.

I now work three days a week running my business and do two days in boxing promotion. In January I will promote full time.
Back to top Go down
kitkatkootie
drunken whore
avatar

Posts : 161
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 45
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:34 pm

chunky chicken wrote:
elgar wrote:
chunky chicken wrote:
i just went over and am getting the error message again. does this mean that we have decided to stay here?

There was only an error because I was adding more functionality to the site. The revised site has the very latest software which bridges across to Facebook and Twitter (you can post on both places simultaneously) and login with your facebook account when I finish designing the application.

CC is IPB3 which is absolutely cutting edge whereas this site is built upon Phpbb which is ancient. Over at XR we upgraded from this software about 5 years ago.

As this site grows you will encounter problems with regard to traffic bottlenecks and the bandwidth limits. Performance will degrade as the community expands.

I have offered the CC site to Molly and Adam to do with as they please. To be frank, it would be silly to say here. They can rebrand if necessary, I can make visual tweaks and acquire a new domain name for them free of charge.

I can recover all of the old data but I need to manually edit the database to make it "fit" the new software. IPB3 data has additional table fields which I will need to create and populate manually but I can do that in stages.

I am no longer on staff at ESB (the boxing site I worked on) so I now have free time to assist.
thanks so much for all of yer help.
if you are no longer doing the boxing site stuff what is your current employer? you are still self employed, right? so are you just out looking for new clients?

thank you for all your hard work. will you come play with us some if we are over there?
Back to top Go down
adam antichrist
Admin
avatar

Posts : 323
Join date : 2009-10-29
Age : 45
Location : australia

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:35 pm

I have just spoken with molls and she is cool with relocating to the better board. We are looking into changing the URL so it won't feel like going to yet another new site. I agree with the criticisms of the software, after playing with this for only a week it is much harder to manage than CC was and there are mysterious things happening like kels getting deleted and other people not receiving their activation emails. I couldn't even find the damn logs to see what went wrong, whereas on the other platform all that is recorded and you just log in and have a look at wtf is going on. So as admins molly and my jobs will be easier, we'll have Elgar to provide tech support and witticisms and we'll have this community on a better platform. It will be even better than CC because of the new software, and we can probably salvage some specific stuff from the CC database such as images if it is possible.

If most people are happy to have the better gear, we will move.

_________________
"My mom's a slut"
-chunky chicken
Back to top Go down
http://veghealthnews.blogspot.com
elgar
Admin


Posts : 20
Join date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:35 pm

definitely. I won't interfere at all - just help out.
Back to top Go down
elgar
Admin


Posts : 20
Join date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:36 pm

adam antichrist wrote:
I have just spoken with molls and she is cool with relocating to the better board. We are looking into changing the URL so it won't feel like going to yet another new site. I agree with the criticisms of the software, after playing with this for only a week it is much harder to manage than CC was and there are mysterious things happening like kels getting deleted and other people not receiving their activation emails. I couldn't even find the damn logs to see what went wrong, whereas on the other platform all that is recorded and you just log in and have a look at wtf is going on. So as admins molly and my jobs will be easier, we'll have Elgar to provide tech support and witticisms and we'll have this community on a better platform. It will be even better than CC because of the new software, and we can probably salvage some specific stuff from the CC database such as images if it is possible.

If most people are happy to have the better gear, we will move.

are you able to export the database from the ACP?
Back to top Go down
elgar
Admin


Posts : 20
Join date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:43 pm

ok - you can't have veg*nrejects.net because the URL is malformed due to the asterisk.

I just got vegrejects.net for you. Nice, short and memorable. It will propagate in around 48-72 hours.
Back to top Go down
...cokaru...
pancakes, bitches
avatar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2009-11-02
Age : 42
Location : The People's Republic of Lemony Fresh

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:46 pm

adam antichrist wrote:
I have just spoken with molls and she is cool with relocating to the better board. We are looking into changing the URL so it won't feel like going to yet another new site. I agree with the criticisms of the software, after playing with this for only a week it is much harder to manage than CC was and there are mysterious things happening like kels getting deleted and other people not receiving their activation emails. I couldn't even find the damn logs to see what went wrong, whereas on the other platform all that is recorded and you just log in and have a look at wtf is going on. So as admins molly and my jobs will be easier, we'll have Elgar to provide tech support and witticisms and we'll have this community on a better platform. It will be even better than CC because of the new software, and we can probably salvage some specific stuff from the CC database such as images if it is possible.

If most people are happy to have the better gear, we will move.


Yay! Sounds good to me. Smile
Back to top Go down
elgar
Admin


Posts : 20
Join date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:48 pm

domain done and board rebranded
Back to top Go down
adam antichrist
Admin
avatar

Posts : 323
Join date : 2009-10-29
Age : 45
Location : australia

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:50 pm

elgar wrote:
adam antichrist wrote:
I have just spoken with molls and she is cool with relocating to the better board. We are looking into changing the URL so it won't feel like going to yet another new site. I agree with the criticisms of the software, after playing with this for only a week it is much harder to manage than CC was and there are mysterious things happening like kels getting deleted and other people not receiving their activation emails. I couldn't even find the damn logs to see what went wrong, whereas on the other platform all that is recorded and you just log in and have a look at wtf is going on. So as admins molly and my jobs will be easier, we'll have Elgar to provide tech support and witticisms and we'll have this community on a better platform. It will be even better than CC because of the new software, and we can probably salvage some specific stuff from the CC database such as images if it is possible.

If most people are happy to have the better gear, we will move.

are you able to export the database from the ACP?

don't know. I have an exam on monday so I'm not able to do much until after that. Molls is the site owner so she might be able to provide info on the DB.

_________________
"My mom's a slut"
-chunky chicken
Back to top Go down
http://veghealthnews.blogspot.com
elgar
Admin


Posts : 20
Join date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:51 pm

If you let me in the ACP I might be able to extract it and use a script to convert it to IPB3.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: the death of countercultural   

Back to top Go down
 
the death of countercultural
Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Lego Star Wars Death Star set
» Death penalthy Return
» Death Danger Vs Komodo 9.02
» death danger 3
» 2 fast 2 dead

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Veg*n Rejects :: It's brutal :: Up Yours-
Jump to: